Thursday, October 3, 2013

USU homecoming

On the Saturday of USU's homecoming we woke up and went to the parade. We were pleasantly surprised by how big it was. Brooklyn scored big time!
A few people singled her out and gave her some random things. Somebody in the parade walked up to her and gave her a toy horse! I didn't get a picture, but I should have. Her and Livie looked awfully cute in their USU shirts, waving USU pompoms.

Jason decided he wanted to go to the homecoming game. He has a student pass so he gets in free. He was thinking he would take Brooklyn. Our neighbor downstairs just happened to have an extra ticket that he gave to us. Then I decided I wanted to go too. USU was only playing Weber, and I didn't want to go bad enough to pay for a ticket.
I "like" logan regional hospital on facebook, and I noticed they were doing a scavenger hunt for two free tickets to the game. I decided I was going to win those no matter what happened.
The second to last clue revealed they were at the hospital, and the last clue would be given on instagram. I don't have a smart phone, so Brooklyn and I went to the hospital and waited, while Jason kept his eye on instagram to tell me the last clue over the phone.
They were hidden behind a TV in the front entrance, and I just happened to be RIGHT by the TV when the clue was given. Whew!
So we all got to go. It was the perfect game to take the girls to. We played weber state, which isn't a very good team. So there was lots of cheering, and nobody around was yelling angry words.
The girls did awesome for the entire first half. They loved waving their pom poms and Brooklyn got a lot of smiles from people whenever she'd yell, "Go Aggies!!"
It started raining at half time, and it was the girl's bedtime, so we decided to go. (Also the score was like 40 to 0 at that point)

Tomorrow Jason and I are going to the USU vs. BYU game. It's going to feel a little weird to cheer against BYU. Luckily my Dad won't be there to hear me.  Go Aggies!









No comments: