Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My new toy

I have always wanted a cricut, but knowing I could never afford to make good use of it, it has stayed on my list of, "things I'll never own." Then I found out about the silhouette cameo machine. I debated getting one for awhile, and decided to go for it. Oh.my.goodness. I LOVE it!! It does everything the cricut does, but it doesn't require any cartridges! You can use any of the fonts already on your computer, and you can use pictures you already have. They have an online store where you can download one image at a time, and they're really cheap. You can also put a pen/marker in place of the blade and it will color for you. It cuts out vinyl, fabric, magnet sheets, paper, etc. It plugs into your computer just like a printer would.
It has a learning curve with it, at least it did for me. But once I got it down it's been really easy.
I've had fun making art projects to do with Brooklyn, cards, and some vinyl lettering.
I have a list a mile long of things I want to do!


One of Brooklyn's art projects


I love vinyl lettering

No comments: