Brooklyn looks SO cute in them. I love her fluffy bum! :)
Fluffy bum!
All prepped and ready to fold and use. Prepping was the hardest part in the whole process. I had to wash them in hot water and dry them about 10 times to help them quilt up and become more absorbent. But it's a one time process. Totally worth it!
Jason is so sweet and installed a diaper sprayer by our toilet.
I can just spray the poop right off :)
Much better than swishing it in the toilet with my hand.
My diaper pail. I am wishing I had a larger one now.
There are 2 diaper pail liners, and 2 wet bags for me to use in my diaper bag.
I use green mountain diaper's prefolds. They are a more expensive brand, but they are amazing. They have 5 sizes (but you would most likely only need 4 sizes) and they quilt up, making them very absorbent. I put these and these covers over them. You can also sew the covers yourself.
I don't have to do them up on her with diaper pins if I don't want to. I can fold the diaper in thirds, and lay it in the cover, which makes it nice. However, this does create more bulk than if I did it up like a normal cloth diaper. Instead of using pins, I use a snappi fastener. It works really well, and keeps the diaper in place perfectly.
Washing them isn't bad at all. I can use the same detergent I have always used, and I only use a TINY bit. Too much can cause build up and make them start to repel. I do a cold rinse, then wash with hot water, and a rinse after. Before I started it sounded like a lot of work, but it's very easy.
Prefolded diapers aren't the only way to go. You can buy All in one diapers, which is a cloth diaper that goes on just like a disposable using snaps or velcro. It has the cover sewn onto it, so it's water proof, and you don't need a cover. You can also buy pocket diapers, which are diapers that go on like a disposable, using snaps or velcro, but they are not water proof, so you need to purchase covers for them. There are a million different brands, and costs. But if you're interested, that should get you at least looking at little.
Hopefully that helps people who have been asking me questions. I am still pretty new to it, so I'm still learning. But it's really easy, and not bad at all! Am I nuts? Maybe... :)
1 comment:
I really have thought about doing cloth diapers because I would love to buy a little and not buy every 2 weeks, but seeing as I only have one little one still in diapers (almost potty trained) I haven't been able to try them out. If we have another baby though I will be looking you up so that you can help me out with picking out the right stuff. I have also heard that it makes it easier to potty train them later. I love your blog!
Post a Comment