Monday, July 29, 2013

River Rafting

Back in February, KSL had a deal where you could purchase vouchers for a river rafting trip on the snake river up in Jackson Hole, for a good price. I've gone on rafting trips three other times and it's one of my very favorite things to do. I decided to purchase them, and I gave them to Jason for our anniversary back in March.
We've never been anywhere together, since we first got married. We booked a hotel, left my kids with my Mom, and we were off! (I may or may not have had a really hard time leaving them)
It turns out Jason has never been on a white water trip, which made it extra fun! We stayed in Alpine, Wyoming (35 minutes from Jackson) Friday night. We drove up to eat dinner at Bar J Wranglers. It's a famous chuck wagon dinner/show they have. It was a lot of fun, and we left stuffed.
Saturday morning we walked around Jackson. We visited a Ripley's believe it or not museum, which was really fun.
We boarded the bus for the river trip at 12:30, and we were off! When I made the reservations, I booked the white water only trip, so there were lots of rapids. I booked the smaller, 8 man raft instead of the bigger ones. There was six of us on the raft, plus the guide. One couple was visiting from France, and the other couple was from Utah.  I'm so glad I booked the small raft! It made it so much more fun to hit the rapids, especially the bigger ones! We had a blast, and Jason says he wants to do it again! (Next time we'll do Moab, it's warmer, they have longer runs, and we have a free hotel!)
It was so much fun to get away!

This was the only picture I took the whole weekend!
Jason jumped out of the boat during a calm part.

No comments: