Thursday, August 1, 2013

This happened.

Before I start this post, I need to confess something. In the past, when a Mom would talk about naughty things their kids would do when they weren't watching, I would think to myself, "Wow, that wouldn't happen if you actually watched your kids!" I feel like this week has been pay back for all the times I've thought that. So only pass judgement if you dare! Your time will come! :)

It started a week ago when Brooklyn needed to go potty. I told her to go, but I realized she was taking forever. I opened the bathroom door and was immediately hit by the smell of finger nail polish. It was everywhere!! It was all over the toilet seat, there was a ton dumped into the toilet itself, on the mat by the toilet, on some towels, it was all over the floor, there was some on the door, the cabinet, the counter, and it was all over her.
I immediately started saying, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!!" Brooklyn looked at me and said, "Are you going to cry Mommy??" haha...  I started trying to clean it up, and realized you can't just "clean up" finger nail polish. We ran to the store to buy some acetone, and I got almost all of the color out of everything.
I admit this is probably the first time she's done something like this, that I didn't think to take a picture. All I could think about is getting to the store to buy acetone before things were stained. So there are no pictures of this incident.

About an hour later I heard Livie's muffled crying. I quickly realize that Brooklyn had locked herself and Livie into a closet. It took me a minute to find them, I couldn't tell where the muffled sounds were coming from.
They weren't lost very long, but it made me panic for a minute when I couldn't find them.



Brooklyn and Livie usually have a party in the morning.
They giggle tons, and you can tell they're having a good time.
So nothing seemed out of the ordinary the morning this happened.
I walked into the bedroom, and found this little BIG piece of artwork.
Brooklyn found a red crayon and used her bed as a piece of canvas.
This picture doesn't show it, but she colored both side rails almost completely.


I took the girls to Sam's Club by myself.
I usually make somebody go with me, because there is something about this store that makes them so naughty! About 5 minutes into the trip Brooklyn was being crazy, and I was ready to go home. A very kind lady noticed the girls, and I think 
she could tell I was frazzled. 
(Maybe she caught on when I offered her one of them?)
She told me she would watch my girls so I could finish shopping. Bless her heart, she didn't know what she had really offered to do. I didn't want to put somebody through that, so I declined. A few isles over, I saw her again and she said, "Did you change your mind? Well if you do, come hunt me down."
I got out of there in record time. I was pretty excited to have that trip over with. 


After she finally settled in to bed, and was almost asleep, 
she needed to get up to go potty.
I realized she had been in there for awhile, so I checked on her.
This is what I saw. She dumped an entire, brand new bottle of lotion on her head.
I quickly realized she also dumped a bottle of shampoo out into the toilet, 
and onto the floor.
I won't go into details, but I need to make sure the record is complete, and mention there was poo on the floor too.
Isn't she cute? I told her I'm going to empty ALL the drawers in the bathroom.
She got excited and said, "OH you should empty them and put TOYS in them"



This munchkin was the angel this week.
The worst thing she did was smear poop on the couch.


1 comment:

Doug and Karalee said...

SOunds like a very eventful week :)