Saturday, July 20, 2013

Grandma's Birthday

My Grandma Cooper (My mom's mom) turned 88. My Mom got a great idea to throw her a huge party. She asked me to come up with a game or two for the kids. The goal was to make it a party all the kids would remember forever. So someday, they can look back and say, "I remember Grandma Cooper, and her birthday party."
Well, I took my job a little too seriously, and I ended up planning a carnival. I think it was a success, and I'm sure the great grand kids will all remember it.
We had 32 kids and 33 adults there. Luckily I have amazing kids/teenagers in the family who were willing to help me "man the booths."


My sister in law made balloon animals for the kids. 
The sucker tree.
You pick a lollipop, and the colored dot on the bottom determines what
prize cup you pick from.
(Brooklyn was extremely excited about the lollipops)
The duck pond.
You pick up a duck, look at the number on the bottom.
The number on it determines what prize cup you pick from.
This was a huge hit with the tiny kiddos.
The bean bag toss.
This was probably the biggest hit of all the games.
It had the best prizes too.
(Jason did an awesome job at making it!)
You can also see we had cotton candy.
TONS of cotton candy.
The ring toss.
The bottles of root beer are sitting in ice.
You had to get the ring around a bottle to keep it. 

Duck racing
Each player has a straw that you use to blow your duck across the pond.
The first duck to the end wins!
Fishing pond with lots of fun toys
Jason set up angry birds.
This was the biggest hit. All the kids LOVED it.
The kissing booth.
I set out kisses in a bottle. Each person had to write down how many kisses they thought were inside.
There were 88 kisses in honor of my Grandma.
We also had a "photo booth" area where my Grandma sat
and all the families were able to get  picture with her.
My Grandma!
We were so excited that she agreed to come up for this.
I have TONS of memories of visiting her house in Panguitch.
I love going down there!
The cake!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

It looks like you did a great job, such fun!