Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The things we do together

I'm not sure if you're sick of reading about the crazy things I come up with for Brooklyn and I to do.
 Either way, here are some more ideas that we've done together.

Light Table

There are countless things you can do with a light table!
This is a makeshift one until Jason builds a real one for Christmas.
I put a light under the long rubber tote.
(the one that has shown up in almost every picture.
Who knew it could have so many functions!?) 
This link gives you an idea of what a light table looks like in case you don't know.
When Jason builds one, I'm going to have him put a black light in as well.
I have 100 ideas in my head that would be fun to do with a black light.

Glow in the dark bath

 I wasn't 100% sure how much she would love this one.
At first she thought it was fun, but I didn't get the reaction I hoped for,
at least not until I did this:

I put them around her rubber duckies neck.
This got a giggle, and a "COOL" from her.


Water beads

A great sensory activity! 
 Water beads are VERY fun. I even enjoyed playing with them.
You can find them at most stores that have a floral department.
Like this 
We're going to put the water beads on the light table tomorrow.

She played with these forever.
They are 100% nontoxic, but they could pose a choking hazard
so you want to make sure you supervise well!

No comments: