Sunday, May 11, 2014

Graduation

You guys, we did it!!! Well Jason did, the rest of us were just along for the ride. After 5 1/2 years of school, he finally graduated!! He worked incredibly hard for us. He worked 40 + hours a week on the graveyard shift,  and went to school full time. He worked hard to get scholarships, and we were able to do the whole thing without debt or any financial help from people. Despite being so incredibly busy and tired, he graduated with a 3.7 GPA in the civil engineering program. I don't think I ever heard him complain once! (I wish I could say that about myself!) I am so lucky that I married such a hard worker.
I realize it wouldn't work for everybody, and a lot of people thought we were crazy. But I am so grateful that we both agreed that I would be better off staying home with the girls while he worked to support us. We have truly been blessed, and there is no way we could have made it without God's help. (And my Mom's help, because she let us come visit on days when I was sure I wouldn't survive!)
I am thankful he was offered a job, that is normal day time hours! The girls and I are going to love having their Daddy home a little bit more. Vernal is going to be a lot of fun. Jason already has big plans for camping, and fishing. 

A big thank you to everyone who offered so much support!





His graduation day was a very busy day for us. I went to the campus in the morning when the graduates all walked across campus to the spectrum for the commencement speech. I barely made it in time, and I was worried I wasn't going to even know when he passed me because there were so many people. I got lucky, and he happened to walk right by where I was standing and I was able to get a quick picture. It was very cool to see all the graduates. I felt horrible, but I wasn't able to stay for the commencement speech because I had to get home and take Brooklyn to a dance practice, for her dance review that night.
A big thank you to my Mom who stayed at my house the entire day watching kids!




 Jason's parents came up for a SUPER fast visit. We went to his graduation ceremony. They left as soon as Jason's name was called, so we didn't pictures with them. But we were excited to see them for a few minutes.






He did it!  

No comments: