Monday, November 12, 2012

The Grandma in nursery

Jason and I were nursery leaders for six months, and were released when Livi came. I was a little worried about how Brooklyn would handle us not being in there with her, because she refused to go before we were leaders. She did really good when we were released, and aside from a few tears we have never had any problems with her not wanting to go. Sometimes she even acts annoyed when we go to pick her up.
    A few weeks ago, I was at a relief society activity, and one of her nursery leaders, an older woman, was there. She started talking to me, and said, "Did you know that Brooklyn calls me Grandma?" I couldn't help but laugh. She told me that she always sits on her lap and talks to her. That shocked me, because Brooklyn is pretty shy.
    Now whenever we go into nursery, if this particular sister isn't there, Brooklyn always starts tearing up a little bit and doesn't want me to go, She always says, "I want my Grandma!" Then as soon as she gets there, she's fine, and I can leave.
When you ask her about nursery, she usually has something to say about things that Grandma did.
    Today I was getting her out of the car at church, and she had a stuffed cow in her hands. She said, "I want to go show this to my Grandma!" She asked for it at the very end of sacrament meeting, and carried it into nursery with her. She sat down in her chair at the table, and refused to give the cow to me. The nursery leader walked in, and Brooklyn yelled, "It's my Grandma!! My Grandma!!!" She was so excited to show her the cow, and of course this kind sister just eats up the attention, and adores Brooklyn. I am so glad she loves her nursery leaders so much.
     A kid can never have too many Grandmas!


No comments: