She has also had two sets of ear tubes, and her adenoids removed. (oh, and all the hospital visits, doctor's visits, and everything that went into making sure she arrived healthy, and full term!)
I'm not complaining at all. She's super cute, and definitely worth everything. She is so sweet, and fun, and can make me laugh like nobody else can. I *love* spending my days home with her. She's my little buddy.
So, last Friday night, when she was doubled over on the floor in pain, complaining that her tummy hurt, begging us to kiss it better, it broke my heart. When I put her in bed, she was still crying, so I laid down with her, and I admit I might have cried a little bit with her. My Mommy kisses weren't helping.
The next few days, these pains would come and go, they even woke her up Saturday night and kept her awake for four hours. She was also SUPER grumpy. I kept debating whether I should take her to the doctor or not. When it was still happening Tuesday, I started to really get worried. It was suggested to me that she might have a bowel obstruction. I looked it up online, and she just happened to have almost every, single symptom. How fantastic is that? Especially after reading the words, "This is an emergency, and you should seek treatment right away." and, "This condition is rarely fatal if you seek treatment immediately" and realizing immediately would have been Friday night. It was now Tuesday night! I didn't sleep very well. I was sure her stomach would explode or something. I called the doctor first thing this morning.
The doctor asked a bunch of questions and agreed it sounded like it really could be an obstruction. Then he felt her tummy, and it was soft, which happens to be a very good sign that it wasn't. He wanted an x-ray to make sure things looked OK.
We were off to get a picture taken of her tummy at the hospital.
Doesn't she look pathetic? She was so scared. They had me hold her arms, while she was screaming bloody murder. I have never seen her that scared of anything. It was awful for her, and so hard for me because I couldn't help her. When it was over, she said, "Mommy hold me!" and jumped into my arms.
She couldn't get that hospital robe off her fast enough. She kept saying, "let's go home Mom!" She was then given two stickers because she had been brave. (She hasn't let those out of her sight, and even took them to bed with her tonight. She knows she earned them!)
When the radiology tech walked us to the door, she even mumbled a quiet "thank you" to him.
The doctor's office called a few hours later with good news. There was no obstruction, and there was nothing wrong with her that couldn't be easily fixed.Thank goodness!! I'm sad I didn't take her in earlier, and she had to suffer longer. But I am so relieved that we don't have to add another surgery to her list. Hopefully she doesn't need another x-ray for a long, long, long time.
Get all better soon Brooklyn!
She couldn't get that hospital robe off her fast enough. She kept saying, "let's go home Mom!" She was then given two stickers because she had been brave. (She hasn't let those out of her sight, and even took them to bed with her tonight. She knows she earned them!)
When the radiology tech walked us to the door, she even mumbled a quiet "thank you" to him.
The doctor's office called a few hours later with good news. There was no obstruction, and there was nothing wrong with her that couldn't be easily fixed.Thank goodness!! I'm sad I didn't take her in earlier, and she had to suffer longer. But I am so relieved that we don't have to add another surgery to her list. Hopefully she doesn't need another x-ray for a long, long, long time.
Get all better soon Brooklyn!


No comments:
Post a Comment