Saturday, June 16, 2012

Today Olivia had a great day! We are hoping things continue to go uphill, without a lot of bumps in the road. I was dreading going into the NICU this morning, because I knew they did the bilirubin test in the early AM. Sure enough, she was on a bilibed when I walked in. I was disappointed, but I know it's definitely not the end of the world. (Brooklyn also needed a bilibed, and had to stay on it for four days) It just means I can't sit and snuggle with her all day. :( They weaned her off the CPAP machine today, which is a huge relief! I'm praying she can stay strong enough to not need it anymore. She's not down to a normal oxygen machine yet, she's using a cannula. But at least we can see her face. She has seemed a lot more comfortable with it gone. This evening before shift change, the nurse let me hold her for 45 minutes. It was HEAVEN! :) She can open her eyes now because the CPAP is gone, and she had them open almost the whole time. They are hoping she can start breast feeding as soon as tomorrow. That depends on whether she continues to improve or not, but we're hoping for the best!
Here are a few pictures. You can definitely tell she has jaundice!

With the CPAP machine

In a bilibed with the cannula instead of cpap

My SUPER sweet baby!



No comments: