Thursday, April 5, 2012

Doctor visits!

While waiting for the doctor, she just HAD to sit in the chair.
She kept saying it was a "Cool, big chair"
She asked for her blanket and had plans to take a nap.
On Tuesday we drove to Ogden to visit a new ENT. I was kind of upset to lose the ENT we had been seeing, but it seems to have been a good change. Brooklyn has had 3 ear infections since her tubes fell out in November, so we will be getting more tubes in for sure. She also has a problem where she stops breathing while she's sleeping, even if she's not snoring. She's had this problem since she was a newborn and it has given me a few mini heart attacks. Our first ENT said her tonsils are huge, and suggested we take them out, along with her adenoids, as both can block the airway while laying down. I was excited to finally get an answer to the problem, but I just couldn't shake the awful feeling I had about her getting her tonsils removed. I know it's a simple procedure, but it's a fairly big deal on a two year old, and some doctors won't even do it on a child that young.
The new ENT said we definitely need tubes again. He also said her tonsils aren't THAT big, and he would suggest we do not remove them. (YAY!!) He wants to take her adenoids out, as that will help her breathe better, and it will hopefully solve ear problems in the future. Enlarged adenoids can cause the ear to not drain correctly. Her surgery is scheduled for April 18th. I hope we can get her feeling better! :)

Wednesday was my appointment with my doctor, and everything seems to be going great! My blood pressures are perfectly normal, and are much better than the last pregnancy. No signs of pre-eclampsia at all. Now that I'm in my third trimester he has warned me how important it is to keep on top of any signs of it, as it can pop up anytime. But I'm keeping optimistic that nothing will happen :) 

1 comment:

Tasha Stout said...

I'm so glad that everything with Brooklyn is working out and that things with this pregnancy are going well! We sure miss you guys and definitely need to see you guys!