Friday, September 18, 2009

Pregnancy

I have a new appreciation for Mothers! I have found being pregnant to be an "interesting" experience. So far I haven't had any weird cravings. Although, I have never been a fan of ice cream, and now I feel like I can't get enough of it. I can't stand beef or chicken, which is just too weird. I am famous for ordering chicken nuggets or chicken fingers anywhere I go. (Just like a little kid, I know!) Now the thought of any kind of chicken makes me want to throw up. It's so weird to not like my favorite food. 
Cooking is one of my biggest hobbies. I love being in the kitchen, playing with complicated recipes. But I can't even stand to be in the kitchen for more than 5 minutes now. And the smell of food cooking is sometimes more than I can handle. It's so frustrating sometimes! Usually, I would be more happy with a bowl of cold cereal for dinner than a hot cooked meal anyway. A few days ago I was telling Jason how we've been way under budget on our food for the month, and he made the comment that it's because we've been practically living on bread and milk. Oops!! Poor Jason! I was able to make him meatloaf the other night, and I ate a handful of chicken nuggets  yesterday for lunch, so maybe things will start improving.
I have heard some girls cry a lot when they're pregnant, some don't. I guess I'm a crier! It's actually kind of amusing. (To me at least, I'm guessing Jason doesn't think it's quite as funny) It's a weird feeling to want to cry at something as simple as a piece of cheese, without feeling happy or sad about it. I just cry! Sometimes I think about how silly it is that I'm crying over it, and it makes me want to cry even harder. I think Jason is starting to understand that when he sees me crying and asks, "what's wrong?" and I say, "nothing," that I mean it. :) 
It's ok though because I know it's for a very good cause. I can't wait to meet my baby!! :)




No comments: