Thursday, June 26, 2014

Swimming Lessons

I know my anxiety is often at higher levels than most people. But one thing that scares me more than anything is letting my kids play around water. I just know that they are going to topple in, and sink right to the bottom. I grow grey hairs just thinking about it. So having my kids learn to swim is important to me.
This Summer we were finally able to get Brooklyn into swimming lessons. She just completed the first session, and she did awesome!! We can do two more, two week sessions this summer.

Side note: Vernal has the coolest rec center I've ever seen. It has a huge rock climbing wall, a weight room, a big fitness center, an indoor track, lots of basketball courts, and best of all, an amazing pool.
We get a discount on a membership through Jason's work, so we get to go all we want. It's so much fun!

Brooklyn's swimming lessons are in the amazing pool. That has made it pretty hard on Livie. She is stuck staring at slides, and water toys that she can't touch.
The first couple of days when she saw Brooklyn get her swimsuit on, Livie would run and get hers too. It was heartbreaking. She can do it next year, thank goodness!


I am so proud of her! She has been so scared to get her face wet, but swimming lessons have really stretched her. She even went all the way under water which is a huge deal for her.

The first day of swimming lessons, when she realized she didn't get to do anything.
She kept pointing to the water and saying, "want to swim!" 

At the end of the first week. She had accepted she didn't get to do anything.
That didn't stop her from staring at the pool with the saddest look on her face!


These pictures are from their website
Isn't that just awesome? 
There is also a lazy river. 
Because it's Summer it would be fun to have an outdoor pool,
 but I'm excited to enjoy this all year.



No comments: