Saturday, February 15, 2014

Brooklyn's 4th Birthday

Brooklyn's 4th birthday turned into a whole week of celebration! 

Preschool 

It started at preschool.
She was hoping Teacher Jill would give her a birthday hat,
She was so proud of the hat, she wore it every day before her birthday.
She made sure to wear it all day on her birthday when we were running errands.
The fun treats she brought her class.
 Grandma's party

Brooklyn got a princess Sofia cake at Grandma's house. Her cousin Jake has a birthday the day after hers, and he got a Thomas cake. (I love that there is a finger swipe on the Thomas cake!)


Trying hard to blow out the candles

So excited about the princess Sofia toys!
She is her very favorite princess right now. 

Grandma Shellabarger completely spoiled her with this kitchen for her doll.

How fun is this?


Her Birthday 

We spent most of the day running errands. I asked her where she wanted to go for lunch, and she said chilli's. That was kind of a mystery to Jason and I because she has eaten there, maybe one time. But we went and had a good time!

When we got back she opened her presents. She was spoiled with plenty of princess sofia dress up items. And she got to see her cake.
I'm a little depressed about the cake. I was SO excited to decorate a super cute princess one for her, but I waited until the very last second to do it late Sunday night. Instead of making a homemade one, which makes a heavier cake, I tried to use boxed mixes. Which is usually fine, but chocolate can be hard to deal with when you dump it out of a pan, it's very crumby. A very long story short, the sheet cake size completely fell apart when I dumped it out, and it would not "glue" back together with frosting. I didn't have time to start over at that point. So, she got a sam's club cake that I stuck all the princesses on. I am way disappointed, but she didn't care about it!

That night, Grandma and Grandpa Shellabarger came up and took her to Chuck-A-Rama. She LOVES going there with them.
Her face when she saw the cake.
She was laughing SO hard.
Princess sofia


Notice the Elf on the shelf. He came back for Brooklyn's birthday!
Brooklyn really, REALLY, misses "Dewey."
On amazon I saw the elf on the shelf birthday edition. I wasn't going to pay
money for it, But I loved the idea. You can send an invitation to your elf, and santa
gives them special permission to come to celebrate your birthday.
She was so excited she was crying when she saw him.
This is the cake I had planned. In pink, purple, and yellow.
I even had a ton of frosting roses my mom and I made to put on them!
Does anybody want a princess cake? I'm still dying to do this one! :)

No comments: