Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The New year!

The Blankenagels are starting the year 2011 off right!! On January 1, I came down with a nasty cough that quickly turned into the flu. It was pretty bad and knocked me out for a few days. Jason is AMAZING and was Brooklyn's buddy for the weekend while I was glued to my bed. I'm glad Brooklyn got some quality Daddy/Brooklyn time. I'm not sure what I would have done without his help! Tonight Jason came home from work sick with the flu. Luckily I'm starting to feel a little better, so I can help him a little bit.  Now I'm praying that Brooklyn can avoid it. I'm not really in the mood to repeat the RSV scene again.
We did have a fun New Years though. My Dad's birthday is the 31st, so we were in Brigham City celebrating with the wild Shellabarger crew.
Brooklyn decided to finally grow her two, top, front teeth! She has been teething them for 8 months, so I was beyond excited to see them BOTH pop through. So that brings her teeth count to 4, and 2 more on their way.

And as always, here are some cute pictures of our princess!!


Looking for trouble...

 Luckily this was empty. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when she discovers that dirty clothes go in there. She is a big helper with the clean laundry. She has given herself the role of emptying the basket for me when I fold clothes. She takes it very seriously, and she's very good at it!! I'm sure she wouldn't mind putting her skills to work with the dirty laundry.

Her activity table that she loves to play with

Playing with the Book of Mormon action heroes from Grandma and Grandpa Blankenagel. Look at those cute chubby thighs!

1 comment:

Tasha Stout said...

I love those thighs! I think this is the one time in their life that they can have those and be told that they look adorable! What an adorable child!