My sister Jennie and her daughter, Sydney are visiting from Alabama. Her husband accepted a job at BYU, so they will be moving this Summer to Provo. Jennie needed some time to take care of some things, so she asked if I could watch Sydney for a few hours. She was so much fun! She's 6 going on 30, and everything she says is done with the cutest southern accent.
We stayed pretty busy! She had fun playing with my green exercise ball, then we went to Target where I let her pick out her (late) birthday present. She picked out two toys that make noise and play music. I figure the Aunt is allowed to buy things like that. (Sorry Jennie!) Then she wanted to go to Burger King for lunch, where she begged me to buy her a Dr. Pepper. I behaved though and she settled for a sprite. We came back to my apartment, and she announced she had brought the movie "High School Musical 3." I have never seen any of those movies, so I put it on for her. After about 10 minutes of it, I convinced her that playing bowling on the wii would be A LOT of fun. So we played on the wii for a little while. She's quite the bowler!
In between all of the activities, I heard a lot of things about her family that I'm sure her Mom would be thrilled that I know. I must have done something right, I was told I'm her favorite Aunt. :)
It was a fun afternoon, and I'm so excited to have them close by in July.
No comments:
Post a Comment